VIDEO/DVD PROMOTION AND PRODUCTIONS
NEW Additions! QT movie excerpts showcase (to right).
Click selection. Be patient. File size determines download time (~ 10 sec. per 100Kb on dial-up)
(If necessary, download Quick Time FREE Quick Time Player )
(1) Two 30-sec movies of dog Umbra's life and death, a small
Precis384Kb and larger Precis684Kb
(2) Two trailers from a 30-min. version of Chicago's FIRST SHORELINE SWIM Murf650Kb
(3) A "short" (250Kb) of Erikson's original music composition Waters Song
(4) Prelim edits (1800Kb) of SdogV's Beyond The Pool project. (terminated by La Traversee Internationale du Lac St. Jean)
Beyond The Pool is a WIP after other events (See below) and weddings.
VIDEOS AVAILANLE: We wag tales! Tales include:
2. (~4 min.) The Stalker (The dog Umbra stalking squirrels set to Funeral March of a Marionette.)
3. (~7 min.) The Interlopers (A 2-mile crib swim by five swimmers set to Handel's Water Music.)
4.(~5 min.) The Mudcats (A Chicago jazz band playing When the Saints Go Marching In.)
5. (~4 min.) Water's Song (Original lyrics by Ted Erikson; guitar and vocal by Sam Florio.)
6. (~10 min.) Winter Dips (Solstice Moon, 2 Century, and 1/01 dips in Lake Michigan...the perils)
7. (~8 Min.) Roberval Parade (7/30/00 Lake St. John Swim Celebration)
8. (~2-5 min, each) Jam 1 noon lake Dippers (from '95 to '06)
9 (~4 min.) Farallon 1st and only to Golden Gate Bridge (A 1967 film to video conversion).)
10 (~4 min.) The Lure (English Channel solo to La Traveree pro swim comparison)
11 (~ 60 min.) A "Dogmentry" A new 2006 production of Umbra's life...and death on VHS or 5-chaptered DVD (See QT trailer and '06 Finalist Award above)
- 1. (~5 min.) SdogV Previews (Highlights of 60 years in the life of a retired researcher/educator/marathon swimmer and his once homeless dog)
....Another tale in progress is 40 years of Father/Son Swimming
X (~4 min.) Inside Edition 1994 broadcast of Umbra's 1st TV appearance.
X (~15 min.) Wonder Dog (NGT Explorer's broadcast of Umbra's 1997 Asia to Europe swim.)
X (~4 min.) Dogumentary (Animal Planet's 2001 broadcast on Umbra.)
X (~27 min.) Collection of all Umbra's TV news and broadcast appearances
Select any tale (one or more) and for any appropriate donation payable to D.R.M.S. we custom make a VHS videotape (or DVD!) copy from mini-DV masters.
Click e-mail to send requests for your selection(s). (Or simply use "snail mail" to SdogV, 1226 E. Madison Park, Chicago, IL. 60615)
SdogV is a small company producing VHS or DVD video on our interets...and yours? .
E-mail us your goal(s), and an estimate can be provided for your objective.
SdogV recently added a DVD reproduction and imprinting facility.
SdogV's primary goal is to promote open water swimming with BEYOND THE POOL incorporating other reasons than its mandate in the first words of Genesis "....and the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.." >
Objective reasons to date are:
CHALLENGE, COMPETITION, FOR CHARITY, COMRADERIE, INEXPENSIVE, HATE RUNNING, SURVIVAL TRAINING, SUPPLANTS SEX, HEALTHFUL, etc....YOURS?
Subjective reasons to date include:
EXHILARATING, ENHANCE CONFIDENCE, MAKES MY DAY, CONQUER WATER FEAR, A CHEAP ADDICTIVE DRUG, RELIEVES STRESS, STIMULATES IMAGERY, ENERGIZING, A SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE, etc....YOURS?
e-mail YOUR ideas!
Home| Swimming| Pet Strobes| R/EUnlimited| happenings| Personal "stuff"